- The Frank Sinatra Collection
EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT TO RELEASE
New York, NY (April 19, 2016)—Continuing the worldwide centennial celebration for legendary entertainer Frank Sinatra, on May 27, 2016, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release a suite of four titles in ‘The Frank Sinatra Collection’. On license from Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE), the definitive collection pulls together some of the finest performances on television and in concert from the greatest entertainer of the 20th century.
THE FRANK SINATRA COLLECTION
~May 27, 2016~
First in the series is ‘A Man And His Music’ / ‘A Man And His Music Part II’ [$9.98 MSRP] which combines his first two hour-long television specials from the mid-sixties.
Sinatra's first television special, A Man And His Music, broadcast in 1965 on NBC to commemorate Sinatra's 50th birthday. The spectacular performances include favorites "I've Got You Under My Skin," "I Get A Kick Out Of You," "Come Fly With Me" and "The Lady Is A Tramp."
A Man And His Music Part II, with special guest Nancy Sinatra (1966, CBS), thrills from start to finish, with unforgettable performances of signature songs such as "Luck Be A Lady" and "That's Life." Sinatra opens the show with his celebrated Quincy Jones arrangement of "Fly Me To The Moon." Nancy Sinatra, clad from head to toe in pink fringe (and signature boots), sings "Bang, Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)" and "On Broadway," followed by a series of duets with her father that includes "Downtown," and "These Boots Are Made For Walking."
Second in the series comes ‘A Man And His Music + Ella + Jobim’ / ‘Francis Albert Sinatra Does His Thing’ / ‘Sinatra’ [MSRP $9.98] which presents three TV specials from the sixties. On the truly memorable A Man And His Music + Ella + Jobim (1967, NBC), the dazzling Ella Fitzgerald performs two equally impressive solo numbers: the haunting "Body And Soul" and the swinging "It's All Right With Me." Fitzgerald is then joined by Sinatra in a historic pairing of the two preeminent vocal talents of the era. The following sequence, particularly treasured by music lovers, is Sinatra's only filmed meeting with Brazilian composer, guitarist, singer Antonio Carlos Jobim, who joins Sinatra for a stunningly intimate medley of the Brazilian composer's classics, including "Change Partners," "I Concentrate On You" and "The Girl From Ipanema."
Francis Albert Sinatra Does His Thing (1968, CBS) was a memorable night of television on many levels. Having established himself in American households with his previous A Man And His Music specials, Sinatra made a bold move in 1968, in the middle of the civil rights era, with a special celebration of black music and its impact on American popular culture. Highlights include a medley of spirituals sung with Diahann Carroll and a swingin' pop interlude with chart-toppers The 5th Dimension.
In Sinatra (1969, CBS), the final installment in what had become an annual tradition of televised specials, Sinatra casts a backward glance at some of the highlights of a storied career. He also provides a glimpse into his musical future with an early rendition of "My Way," soon to become his personal anthem.
This collection gathers many classic Sinatra performances including: “Ol’ Man River,” “The Lady Is A Tramp,” “Pennies From Heaven,” “Something,” “I Get A Kick Out Of You,” “Theme From New York, New York,” and many more.
The third release, ‘Sinatra And Friends’ / ‘The Man And His Music’ features TV specials from the seventies and eighties and offers the likes of “For Once In My Life,” ”My Way,” “Fly Me To The Moon,” “Hello Young Lovers,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “Night And Day,” “Put Your Dreams Away,” and many more [MSRP $9.98].
Spanning multiple genres and featuring some of the leading names in pop and country, the rarely seen special Sinatra And Friends (1977, ABC) offers wall-to-wall performances. Guests include Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Natalie Cole, Loretta Lynn and John Denver, all of whom return one-by-one for a final embrace with Sinatra as he sings the Paul Anka-penned "Everybody Ought To Be In Love."
Sinatra: The Man And His Music (1981, NBC), is the final installment of the series, occurring 16 years after the first A Man And His Music special, and a few weeks before his 66th birthday. Working with three different ensembles, including the accompaniment of the legendary Count Basie and his orchestra, performances include George Harrison's "Something," and his climactic "Theme From New York, New York", "Pennies From Heaven," and "The Best Is Yet To Come."
Concert For The Americas (1982, Showtime) was recorded at the Altos de Chavón Amphitheater, a 5000-seat open-air Greek-style amphitheater in the Dominican Republic. This 90-minute epic performance features the legendary Buddy Rich on drums and a special guest appearance by guitarist Tony Mottola on a memorable rendition of "Send In The Clowns." This is the first-ever U.S. DVD release of this spectacular concert.
Packed with his incredible renditions of the songs that he made famous, ‘The Frank Sinatra Collection’ is a must for any Sinatra fan.
Click here to view “Come Fly With Me” from A Man And His Music - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2R07Mvlwajlj9gXYIg
FULL TRACKLISTING INFORMATION
A MAN AND HIS MUSIC / A MAN AND HIS MUSIC PART II
A MAN AND HIS MUSIC
1) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 2) Without A Song 3) Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me 4) I Get A Kick Out Of You 5) Nancy 6) My Kind Of Town 7) Medley: It Was A Very Good Year / Young At Heart / The Girl Next Door / Last Night When We Were Young 8) This Is All I Ask 9) Come Fly With Me 10) The Lady Is A Tramp 11) I’ve Got The World On A String 12) Witchcraft 13) You Make Me Feel So Young 14) Put Your Dreams Away
A MAN AND HIS MUSIC PART II with special guest NANCY SINATRA
1) Fly Me To The Moon 2) The Most Beautiful Girl In The World 3) Moonlight In Vermont 4) You’re Nobody ‘Til Somebody Loves You 5) Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) – NANCY SINATRA 6) On Broadway – NANCY SINATRA 7) Yes Sir, That’s My Baby – FRANK & NANCY SINATRA 8) Medley: Downtown / These Boots Are Made For Walking – FRANK & NANCY SINATRA 9) Medley: Just One Of Those Things / My Heart Stood Still / But Beautiful / When Your Lover Has Gone 10) Luck Be A Lady 11) That’s Life 12) Granada 13) My Kind Of Town 14) Put Your Dreams Away
A MAN AND HIS MUSIC + ELLA + JOBIM / FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA DOES HIS THING / SINATRA
A MAN AND HIS MUSIC + ELLA + JOBIM with special guests ELLA FITZGERALD and ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM
1) Day In, Day Out 2) Get Me To The Church On Time 3) What Now My Love 4) Ol’ Man River 5) Body And Soul – ELLA FITZGERALD 6) It’s All Right With Me – ELLA FITZGERALD 7) Medley: How High The Moon / Up, Up And Away / Look Out For Jimmy Valentine / Theme To Tony Rome / Goody Goody / Don’t Cry Joe / Ode To Billie Joe / Goin’ Out Of My Head – FRANK SINATRA & ELLA FITZGERALD 8) Medley: Change Partners / I Concentrate On You / The Girl From Ipanema – FRANK SINATRA & ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM 9) Medley: The Song Is You / They Can’t Take That Away From Me / Stompin’ At The Savoy / At Long Last Love – FRANK SINATRA & ELLA FITZGERALD 10) Don’t Be That Way – ELLA FITZGERALD 11) The Lady Is A Tramp – FRANK SINATRA & ELLA FITZGERALD 12) Put Your Dreams Away
FRANCIS ALBERT SINATRA DOES HIS THING with special guests DIAHANN CARROLL and THE 5TH DIMENSION
1) Hello Young Lovers 2) Baubles, Bangles And Beads 3) Cycles 4) The Music That Makes Me Dance – DIAHANN CARROLL 5) Where Am I Going – DIAHANN CARROLL 6) Medley: Diane / Deep River / Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child / Lonesome Road / Nobody Know The Trouble I’ve Seen / Amen – FRANK SINATRA & DIAHANN CARROLL 7) Medley: Glad To Be Unhappy / Here’s That Rainy Day / It Never Entered My Mind / Gone With The Wind 8) It’s A Great Life – THE 5TH DIMENSION 9) Stoned Soul Picnic – THE 5TH DIMENSION 10) Sweet Blindness – FRANK SINATRA & THE 5TH DIMENSION 11) Nice ‘N’ Easy 12) (How Little It Matters) How Little We Know 13) Lost In The Stars 14) Angel Eyes 15) Put Your Dreams Away
SINATRA featuring DON COSTA & HIS ORCHESTRA
1) For Once In My Life 2) Please Be Kind 3) My Way 4) Film Clip Medley including song highlights of: I Couldn’t Sleep A Wink Last Night / You’re Sensational / All The Way 5) The Tender Trap 6) Little Green Apples 7) Out Beyond The Window 8) A Man Alone 9) Didn’t We 10) Forget To Remember 11) Fly Me To The Moon 12) Street Of Dreams 13) Love’s Been Good To Me 14) Goin’ Out Of My Head 15) My Kind Of Town
SINATRA AND FRIENDS / THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC
SINATRA AND FRIENDS
1) Where Or When – with all guests 2) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 3) I Get A Kick Out Of You – FRANK SINATRA & NATALIE COLE 4) I’ve Got Love On My Mind – NATALIE COLE 5) If I Were A Rich Man – ROBERT MERRILL 6) The Oldest Established Floating Crap Game – FRANK SINATRA, DEAN MARTIN & ROBERT MERRILL 7) She’s Got You – LORETTA LYNN 8) All Or Nothing At All – FRANK SINATRA & LORETTA LYNN 9) One – TONY BENNETT 10) My Kind Of Town – FRANK SINATRA & TONY BENNETT 11) I Honestly Love You – LESLIE UGGAMS 12) The Lady Is A Tramp – FRANK SINATRA & LESLIE UGGAMS 13) My Sweet Lady – JOHN DENVER 14) September Song – FRANK SINATRA & JOHN DENVER 15) Night And Day 16) Everybody Ought To Be In Love 17) Put Your Dreams Away
THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC with the COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA
1) Intro / (This Is A) Lovely Way To Spend An Evening (instrumental) 2) Nice ‘N’ Easy 3) The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else 4) Pennies From Heaven 5) I Loved Her 6) The Girl From Ipanema (featuring TONY MOTTOLA on guitar) 7) At Long Last Love 8) Something 9) Monday Morning Quarterback 10) The Best Is Yet To Come 11) (We Had A) Good Thing Going 12) Say Hello 13) I Get A Kick Out Of You 14) Theme From New York, New York 15) Thanks For The Memory
CONCERT FOR THE AMERICAS
1) I’ve Got The World On A String 2) I Get A Kick Out Of You 3) Come Rain Or Come Shine 4) When Your Lover Has Gone 5) The Lady Is A Tramp 6) The House I Live In 7) Prologue / Jet Song – BUDDY RICH 8) Searching 9) My Kind Of Town 10) Something 11) The Best Is Yet To Come 12) Strangers In The Night 13) All Or Nothing At All 14) The Gal That Got Away / It Never Entered My Mind 15) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 16) Send In The Clowns – with TONY MOTTOLA on guitar 17) Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars (Corovado) – with TONY MOTTOLA on guitar 18) I Won’t Dance 19) Theme From New York, New York
About Frank Sinatra
Throughout his nine-decade career, Frank Sinatra performed on more than 1,400 recordings and was awarded 31 gold, nine platinum, three double platinum and one triple platinum album by the Recording Industry Associated of America. He extends his record to 57 for the most top 40 albums on the Billboard 200 with this year’s new Ultimate Sinatra release. Sinatra has had Top 40 hits on the charts for eight decades, which is as long as the Billboard charts have existed. He received nine GRAMMY Awards over the course of his career, including three for the prestigious Album of the Year, and an Oscar. Sinatra demonstrated a remarkable ability to appeal to every generation and continues to do so; his artistry still influences many of today’s music superstars. He also appeared in more than 60 films and produced eight motion pictures.
Sinatra was awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards from The Recording Academy, The Screen Actors Guild and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), as well as the Kennedy Center Honors, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal. Today, he remains a legend and an inspiration around the world for his contributions to culture and the arts.
About Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE)
Frank Sinatra Enterprises is a joint venture between the Sinatra family and Warner Music Group. FSE owns Sinatra’s recordings from the Reprise era as well as a treasure trove of films, television specials and unreleased footage, photos and audio recordings, which collectively represent one of the foremost bodies of artistic work of the modern era. FSE also owns and manages Sinatra’s name and likeness rights and represents the artist’s rights to the Columbia and Capitol catalogues. FSE pursues innovative new product and venture opportunities with respect to the legendary entertainer’s name and likeness, as well as Sinatra’s audio and visual recordings. (www.sinatra.com)
Label: Eagle Rock Entertainment