EAGLE ROCK ENTERTAINMENT READIES THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF
THE FRANK SINATRA COLLECTION - September 2016 releases
THE FRANK SINATRA COLLECTION
THREE NEW DVDS TO BE RELEASED
~SEPTEMBER 23, 2016~
New York, NY (August 29, 2016)--Continuing the worldwide centennial celebration for legendary entertainer Frank Sinatra, on September 23 2016, Eagle Rock Entertainment will release another suite of titles in The Frank Sinatra Collection. On license from Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE), the definitive collection pulls together some of the finest performances on television and in concert from the greatest entertainer of the 20th century.
‘Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back / The Main Event’ and ‘At The Royal Festival Hall / Sinatra In Japan’ are essential collections, all clearly bearing the hallmark of true quality. ‘Happy Holidays With Frank & Bing’ / ‘Vintage Sinatra’ combines a classic Christmas special from 1957 with a compilation from his 1950s TV shows. [MSRP $9.98 each]
‘Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back’ was first broadcast by NBC on November 18, 1973 and marked Frank Sinatra’s return to performing following his “retirement” in 1971. The show, featuring special guest Gene Kelly, was filmed in front of a live studio audience but manages to retain an intimate concert feel. Sinatra gets us underway with the newly recorded song “You Will Be My Music” and performs a new routine with Gene Kelly to a medley taking in “Can’t Do That Anymore,” “For Me And My Gal” and “New York, New York.” The show closes with a reprise of “You Will Be My Music” to a standing ovation and Ol’ Blue Eyes is most definitely back.
The Main Event concert, staged at New York’s Madison Square Garden, was broadcast by ABC as a television special on October 13, 1974. The show is introduced by Howard Cosell who highlights some of the many celebrities scattered through the audience. Despite the massive size of the venue, Sinatra still manages to deliver an intimate performance featuring many of his classic songs and really gets in the swing of things when the audience starts dancing in the aisles to “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.” Frank Sinatra’s storytelling and anecdotes are as poignant as ever and other highlights include “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “You Are The Sunshine Of My Life” and a show closing “My Way.”
‘At The Royal Festival Hall’ was filmed at London’s famous venue on November 16, 1970 and later broadcast as a television special by CBS. The concert was introduced by HSH Princess Grace of Monaco, the former Grace Kelly, who had co-starred with Sinatra in the film “High Society”. The setlist includes a superb rendition of George Harrison’s classic love song “Something” alongside classic songs such as “Pennies From Heaven,” “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “My Kind Of Town” and “My Way.”
Filmed at Tokyo’s legendary Budokan on April 18, 1985, the ‘Sinatra In Japan’ show begins with a montage of stills and film clips while the orchestra perform a medley of classic Frank Sinatra tunes. Sinatra then takes to the stage with a rousing performance of “The Lady Is A Tramp” followed by many of his best-loved songs and biggest hits.
First aired on December 20, 1957, ‘Happy Holidays With Frank & Bing’ is a timeless Christmas favorite featuring the magical combination of Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby in an early color television special. The two legends swap Christmas carols, songs and stories, pay a musical visit to Victorian England and duet on some Christmas classics. The show finishes in inimitable fashion with “The Christmas Song” and “White Christmas” for pure festive perfection.
The ‘Vintage Sinatra’ compilation DVD brings together black and white footage taken from Frank Sinatra’s television shows in the 1950s with color commentary and reminiscences from his three children: Nancy, Tina and Frank Sinatra Jr. It features performances of many of Sinatra’s most popular songs including: “Come Fly With Me,” “I Get A Kick Out Of You,” “My Funny Valentine,” which he sings to a young Nancy, “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” “The House I Live In” and many more, all set into context by the anecdotes of Nancy, Tina and Frank Jr.
Packed with his incredible renditions of the songs that he made famous, The Frank Sinatra Collection is a treasure trove for any Sinatra fan.
At The Royal Albert Hall + Sinatra In Japan: http://amzn.to/2bwsP34
Ol’ Blue Eyes Is Back + The Main Event: http://amzn.to/2bH0F8S
Happy Holidays with Frank & Bing + Vintage Sinatra: http://amzn.to/2bU8mVF
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the world’s largest producer and distributor of music programming for TV, DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital Media. Eagle produces quality HD programs, both concerts and documentaries, directly alongside artists including Imagine Dragons, Paul McCartney, Katy Perry, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen, and Peter Gabriel. Eagle is a multiple Grammy® Award winner and has received numerous multi-platinum sales awards around the world. Eagle Vision is headquartered in London, and is a Universal Music Group company.
Follow Eagle Rock Entertainment at:
For more information regarding this and other Eagle Rock Entertainment releases, contact Carol Kaye at Carol@Kayosproductions.com. Follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/KayosProductionsInc.
About Frank Sinatra
Throughout his nine-decade career, Frank Sinatra performed on more than 1,400 recordings and was awarded 31 gold, nine platinum, three double platinum and one triple platinum album by the Recording Industry Associated of America. He extends his record to 57 for the most top 40 albums on the Billboard 200 with this year’s new Ultimate Sinatra release. Sinatra has had Top 40 hits on the charts for eight decades, which is as long as the Billboard charts have existed. He received nine GRAMMY Awards over the course of his career, including three for the prestigious Album of the Year, and an Oscar. Sinatra demonstrated a remarkable ability to appeal to every generation and continues to do so; his artistry still influences many of today’s music superstars. He also appeared in more than 60 films and produced eight motion pictures.
Sinatra was awarded Lifetime Achievement Awards from The Recording Academy, The Screen Actors Guild and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), as well as the Kennedy Center Honors, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal. Today, he remains a legend and an inspiration around the world for his contributions to culture and the arts.
About Frank Sinatra Enterprises (FSE)
Frank Sinatra Enterprises is a joint venture between the Sinatra family and Warner Music Group. FSE owns Sinatra’s recordings from the Reprise era as well as a treasure trove of films, television specials and unreleased footage, photos and audio recordings, which collectively represent one of the foremost bodies of artistic work of the modern era. FSE also owns and manages Sinatra’s name and likeness rights and represents the artist’s rights to the Columbia and Capitol catalogues. FSE pursues innovative new product and venture opportunities with respect to the legendary entertainer’s name and likeness, as well as Sinatra’s audio and visual recordings. (www.sinatra.com)
FULL TRACKLISTING INFORMATION
OL’ BLUE EYES IS BACK
1) You Will Be My Music 2) I Get A Kick Out Of You 3) Street Of Dreams 4) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 5) I’ve Got The World On A String 6) Medley: Last Night When We Were Young / Violets For Your Furs / Here’s The Rainy Day 7) Medley: Take Me Out To The Ball Game / I Begged Her – with GENE KELLY 8) Medley: We Can’t Do That Anymore / Take Me Out To The Ball Game / For Me And My Gal / Private Skinny / New York, New York (On The Town) – with GENE KELLY 9) Nice ‘n’ Easy – with GENE KELLY 10) Let Me Try Again 11) Send In The Clowns 12) You Will Be My Music
THE MAIN EVENT
1) Introduction by Howard Cosell 2) Orchestral Intro 3) The Lady Is A Tramp 4) I Get A Kick Out Of You 5) Let Me Try Again 6) Autumn In New York 7) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 8) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown 9) Angel Eyes 10) You Are The Sunshine Of My Life 11) The House I Live In (That’s America To Me) 12) My Kind Of Town 13) My Way
AT THE ROYAL FESTIVAL HALL
1) Introduction by HSH Princess Grace of Monaco 2) You Make Me Feel So Young 3) Pennies From Heaven 4) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 5) Something 6) The Lady Is A Tramp 7) I Get Along Without You Very Well 8) Didn’t We 9) One For My Baby 10) I Will Drink The Wine 11) I Have Dreamed 12) My Kind Of Town 13) My Way
SINATRA IN JAPAN
1) Orchestral Intro 2) The Lady Is A Tramp 3) Fly Me To The Moon 4) My Way 5) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 6) Something 7) I Get A Kick Out Of You 8) My Kind Of Town 9) Someone To Watch Over Me 10) All Or Nothing At All 11) Mack The Knife 12) Luck Be A Lady 13) L.A. Is My Lady 14) Strangers In The Night 15) Come Rain Or Come Shine 16) Pennies From Heaven 17) One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) 18) Theme From New York, New York 19) You Are There
HAPPY HOLIDAYS WITH FRANK & BING
1) Mistletoe And Holly – FRANK 2) Jingle Bells – FRANK & BING 3) Deck The Halls – FRANK & BING 4) God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – FRANK & BING 5) Hark The Herald Angels Sing – FRANK & BING 6) O Come All Ye Faithfull – FRANK & BING 7) The First Noel – FRANK & BING 8) It Came Upon A Midnight Clear – FRANK 9) Away In A Manger – BING 10) O Little Town Of Bethlehem – FRANK & BING 11) Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer – BING 12) Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – FRANK 13) The Christmas Song – FRANK & BING 14) White Christmas – BING
1) Come Fly With Me 2) Opening Titles 3) Night And Day 4) Too Marvellous For Words 5) I Get A Kick Out Of You 6) One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) 7) All Of Me 8) My Funny Valentine 9) I Won’t Dance 10) A Foggy Day 11) The Lady Is A Tramp 12) All The Way 13) I’ve Got You Under My Skin 14) The House I Live In (That’s America To Me) 15) The Lonesome Road 16) I’ve Got The World On A String 17) Angel Eyes 18) Orchestral Interlude 19) You Make Me Feel So Young 20) End Credits
Link related to this article: